Thursday, April 3, 2014

It's Been...A Year


A week ago today I was told that my current assignment would be ending and my last day on the team would be today. I knew it was ending. I've known ever since I was chosen to be part of the team 14 months ago.

When I was told the day I would be leaving I was bummed. 

Fortunately, I'm going back to the same work I did before. It's not that I disliked my job before--I did. I felt like I was helping people and I can honestly say I had the best caseload in the entire department. So, the fact that I'm going back to do the same work I did before this temporary job came up makes me happy. 

Still...

It was also fun working with amazing people, building something good. I'll miss the people.

I began this week knowing my days were limited. I think it was Tuesday when I realized that I didn't need to be bummed. Beginning next Monday I'm going to be on a new team, in a new building, with new opportunities and a chance to get to know new people. These new experiences can be considered a blessing, a chance to grow.

So, that's the plan. I'm still excited for the future, but it was kind of a bittersweet day. Then again, nothing ever stays the same, does it?

1 comment: