Monday, April 21, 2014

It's the Little Choices That Can Add Up...


Over the weekend I had the opportunity to hang out with several authors, all experiencing varying levels of success, and each one of them inspired me. So much so, when faced with my "normal" schedule today, I decided to make some changes. The first of which was trash a ton of un-listened-to podcasts.

Now, this may not sound like a big deal. Most people listen to no podcasts so not listening to a bunch of downloaded files is no big deal. To me, however, I am sometimes religious when it comes to my podcasts. I listen to them all--usually.

This morning, I grabbed a book written by my good friend, Dave Butler; with cover art by another friend, Nathan Shumate, and I read it going to and from work.

I know this sounds like a small thing. Someone reads a book instead of listening to something else while commuting to work--big deal! But to me it is. I need to read more in addition to listening to audiobooks (which, thankfully, I can do at work...). I need to focus on my goal of completing a novel by the next Salt Lake Comic Con and having it published before event taking place in September, about 120 days from now. I realized if I'm going to reach my goal, I've got to change the little things.

Oh,, by the way, Dave's book ROCKS! If you're interested, you can get the book: HERE. If you like dystopian stories, you'll love this!

No comments:

Post a Comment