Tuesday, July 15, 2014

And So, The Marathon Begins...


When you hear the word "marathon," what comes to mind? Ever since I was a child, I had great respect for those who ran marathons. I mean, over 26 miles? It boggles the mind and makes my joints sore just thinking about it.

But the marathon I start tonight, it's a different kind of marathon.

It's a marathon of events that must be done in a relatively short period of time.

Tonight marks the beginning of every night rehearsals for one of my shows. Along with my wife and daughter, I'm in a community production of Annie Get Your Gun that opens July 29th. Get your tickets today!


But, my every night marathon will not stop there. After this show ends, I'll be in another show that goes until the middle of September. And then there's Salt City Steamfest that takes place the 1st and 2nd of August, and, of course, the next--and greatest so far--Salt Lake Comic Con that begins the first week of September.

I remember back in college I was a busy person, working two or three jobs, singing in a university choir, being a member of a fraternity all carrying a full school schedule. I thought maybe things might slow down, you know...once I got older.

Sometimes. Sometimes not.

No comments:

Post a Comment