Monday, July 21, 2014

Blast You, Ghirardelli!


Okay, I admit it. I enjoy eating Ghirardelli chocolate chips. I like them in cookies, in muffins, in cupcakes (and cakes...), or just by themselves. I like all the various kinds the chocolatier produces, but I'm especially fond of the dark.

After all, dark chocolate is good for you. Really! I read it somewhere!

I don't eat a lot of chocolate, other than an occasional chip. I mean, after eating this stuff, a lot of what's out there doesn't even compare. So, imagine my shock when I was notified today that "Big Chocolate" has sneakily made changes to they way they operate. 

And I am none too pleased.


It seems, at some point in the past, when we purchased a package of the deliciousness known as Chirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate, we were buying 12 oz of the addicting almost black ambrosia. And unbeknownst to us, a change was made. No longer do we buy a 12 oz package--oh no! We're only getting 10 oz and for the same price!

Oh, the humanity!

The change was so subtle we don't know when this crime was committed, and a crime it surely is. Still, I'm not so worried about today, but it's the future that troubles me. Will we one day be required to spend the same amount for 8 oz? Or 6 oz? Or, Heaven forbid, 4 oz?

If so, that will be a dark day indeed!


Oh, and my own serving suggestion...eat them right out of the bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment