Thursday, November 27, 2014

A Day To Be Thankful...


Today millions of people gathered and hopefully enjoyed the company of loved ones. That's what I did. The most important people in my life sat around our dinning room table, ate delicious food and engaged in delightful conversation.

It just happened to be my birthday. Once or twice a decade my birthday falls on Thanksgiving, which I LOVE! I mean, what can be better than having family come, eating great food, watching football and finishing up with cake and ice cream? Actually, we were all too filled up with delicious pies--we'll have cake tomorrow.

Dozens of Facebook friends expressed fond wishes to me for the day for which I am thankful. I also  kept thinking back on a video a friend of mine posted on his Facebook page a few days ago. Maybe you've seen it--it shows a boy who has been given a gift. And unless he has a desire to prepare food, the gift is about as useful to a child as a toothbrush is to a fish.

He gets a cutting board.


And he's so grateful for it.

But then, the moment comes that melted my heart. He's given another gift, a gift he obviously wanted and loved--an electronic tablet. It's such a sweet video and the boys reaction is priceless. It's the kind of video that made me re-think what gratitude means, what humility means and how I should look at what I have from a different perspective.


If you haven't seen it, click: HERE and I dare you not to be changed by this adorable boy.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all. I hope we all can understand how truly bless we all are. God bless.

1 comment: