Tuesday, November 25, 2014

So, I Read "A Game Of Thrones"

13496*

I've attended a couple of Comic Cons and other conventions and there's one franchise everyone seems to know, George R.R. Martin's A Game of Thrones. I don't know how many have read the books, but everyone seems to have seen the series.

Everyone, that is, but me.

Until today I had not finished one Martin book. I can no longer say that. I can say that I've never watched an episode of the series. After reading the book, I'm not sure I want to.

I can understand the draw, however. The book is not just a fantasy novel, but it's like a soap opera with magic and killings with swords and other unpleasantries. No wonder the series is successful. And since I listened to the audiobook version and since it's a massive book and since it's fantasy, I naturally got lost several times while listening to the whole thing (I tend to do that every time I read/listen to a large fantasy audiobook--I think the names confuse me...). Thank goodness for Wikipedia to keep me up to speed on what happened.

Will I read any add'l George R.R. Martin books? Right now, I can't say. There are so many other great books out there. I might not have the time...

* Photo used without permission from: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13496.A_Game_of_Thrones?ac=1

No comments:

Post a Comment