Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Discovering Harry Potter...All Over Again


Next week the crowds will gather in Salt Lake for the next installment of our own Comic Con. And some will find their way to the panels. Several of those panels will focus on the Harry Potter franchise talking about the books, the films, and the future of the Potterverse.


I'll be on two of those panels.

I've got a lot of homework to do.


There's no way I can re-read the books before next week, but I can watch all the films again. Today I finished Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, and I had forgotten just was an adorable film it was.


There's an innocence in that film, an innocence that mirror's the main character. We learn of the magical world through the experiences of Mr. Potter as he himself experiences the wonders of Diagon Alley, Hogwarts, and everything in between.


I can't believe it's been almost fifteen years since these children entered our lives. We've grown with them, re-lived our own childhoods with them (well, without the magic part...). We've shared their successes and their failures. They're almost family.

Episode one is done. Now, on to the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment