Thursday, January 15, 2015

No Pony In This Race...

*

When it comes to sports, I usually root for the underdog. But since my favorite sports team (my alma mater...) is no longer considered an underdog most of the time in both football and basketball, I still root for the boys in crimson and white. As of late, I really don't have a favorite NFL team.

That's why I'm not too thrilled about this year's potential Superbowl teams, from a "root for the underdog" standpoint. Last weekend there were four games and even though I didn't have a favorite team for which I rooted, I basically went 0-4 on the teams I wanted to win. Personally, I would like to see a team win the whole thing that has never won a Superbowl before.

In many ways, the results of last week can be a good thing for me. Since I'm not really a fan of any of the remaining four teams, I don't have to get emotionally involved in the games. And, since the remaining teams are arguably four the of the best teams in the entire league, these should be good games.

I guess we'll find out this weekend.

Yes, whoever wins will be able to add to their trophy room collection of Superbowl wins. I just hope when it's all said and done, the best thing about the big game won't be the advertisements.

*

* Photos used without permission from: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/

No comments:

Post a Comment