Wednesday, January 14, 2015

To Gym Or Not To Gym...That Is The Question


I've worked in the same building, off-and-on, for over seventeen years. And for almost all that time, there's been a little gymnasium on the first floor. Each year the "fitness room committee" tries to recruit us non-members to join the fun and enjoy the benefits of the gym.

I might have joined for part of a year once. It's been so long I don't remember. Today I'm considering joining again.

Really, there are few downsides to this arrangement. I should have gotten a picture of the layout while I checked out the facilities today. It's a very well-stocked gym. They have treadmills, elliptical machines, free weights, and every Wednesday from 11am to 12 noon there's yoga with a certified instructor. I actually joined the yoga class today and I was impressed. I've never tried yoga before.

And the best part of gym membership is it only costs $35/year. I really have no excuse not to join. My employer gives me an hour a week--on the clock--to work. And, it's just two floors down. So maybe next week at this time my joints will ache and my muscles will scream due to overdoing it at the gym. As long as they don't ask me to serve on that fitness room committee. That could be a deal-breaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment