Tuesday, August 1, 2017

A Farewell To Remember...Or Forget


I work in a building with maybe a hundred other people. We all work for the same organization, but for different divisions. I don't know everyone who works there, mostly because I'm stuck in my cubicle getting stuff done.

And so, because there's so many of us working under one roof, people--as they're wont to do--sometimes leave. They retire, they change jobs, they move. And because they're--for the most part--good people, they will be missed by those with whom they work. And because they'll be missed, they usually organize an event--something to remember the good times and have an excuse to eat sugary foods in the middle of the day.

Just such an event happened in the building last week--not in my department, but close by.

And they chose the most unusual token with which to remember the person leaving--a painted toilet seat.


Sue was leaving, and based on the writing, she will be missed. I don't know if the toilet seat is some sort of "inside joke" only those in Sue's team understands. I definitely hope so. And since I didn't understand the context of the toilet seat wandered.

Sue...toilet seat...will be missed.

The only thing I came up with is this:

Maybe it's for a boy named Sue and he missed a lot in the bathroom.

Then again, it could be something entirely different.

No comments:

Post a Comment