Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Happy Birthday Bob...Here's To Many, Many More


Saturday night, my wife and I attended a birthday party for a good friend. More and more of my friends are eclipsing the half-century mark. I admit, it was a tad daunting when I crossed over from my forties to my fifties. But, the sun rises the next day and you're pretty much the same person, except you can now join AARP (something, I haven't done...).


The party was great. I saw friends I hadn't seen in years, had great food, and enjoyed some good music. Of course, Bob, the man of the hour, was busy socializing and being the gracious host. We chatted and caught up a little bit. All of Bob's family was there and it was good to catch up with siblings and his parents as well.


I've known Bob since Jr. High School. We graduated high school together and college together. We performed as wild west stuntmen and sang in famous venues and in private settings. We camped, rode whitewater rapids, and even pledged the Sigma Gamma Chi fraternity together. We've seen each other at our best and our not so best. For me, Bob's the pure definition of friend. He's a successful businessman, husband, and father. When it comes to financial expertise, he has a brilliant mind and an even better heart--when looking for a money expert, that's a wonderful and rare combination. I'm lucky to have known him for so many years. Here's to even more memories in the next fifty!











No comments:

Post a Comment