Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Well...My Book's In One Library


My mother-in-law first told me of the little lending library on Main Street in our town, but it took until last week before I visited it. I decided to check it out, and I thought it would be neighborly to help out.

So, I took a copy of Speckled and donated it.

I put it among the others. There were some westerns, a few political books, and even a Robert A. Heinlein in the collection. There was a cowboy poetry book that I'd like to check out, and the book Christmas Jars that I've always wanted to read.


Before I dropped off my book, I wrote a note to all my fellow Farmington-ites. I hope if they do choose to read my book that they enjoy it, and I'd love to hear what they think.


Tonight, after cub scout pack meeting, I stopped by the little library to see if my book was still there. I'm happy to say it was not. Of course all the books had been re-organized. When I saw that I wondered if maybe I had violated some rule of the Little Free Library I didn't know about and they took it out. Maybe I can't just add books whenever I want.

Then again, maybe some fellow towns member took a chance, picked up my little collection of stories and gave it a shot. That would be cool. But, hey--if anyone asks me if my book is in any libraries, I can honestly say it is.

2 comments:

  1. It wasn't hard to get my book into libraries. There are a few ways you can go about it. I highly recommend talking to your librarian. Great things are in libraries. Speckled should definitely be in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should return and run our libraries! But seriously, thanks for the kind words!

      Delete