Friday, October 13, 2017

Maybe I Should Start Making Friday The 13th Resolutions...


Everyone talks about making New Years Resolutions, but I don't know anyone who makes Friday the 13th Resolutions. Of course, New Years is a perfect time to make changes in ones life. It's a new year,  after all with new beginnings, fresh starts. Plus, where I live, it's usually the coldest time of the year so there's a built-in excuse for not doing many of those "get in shape" resolutions.

Today, however, my wife and I got up and went to Farmington City's newest gymnasium. It's a very large space with lots of basketball courts. There's also a nice running track on the upper level. It's not well stocked when it comes to exercise equipment, but there's some free weights, an elliptical machine, and other exercise devices here and there. This morning no one was using them, including us.

What people did do while she and I walked was play pickleball on one side of the building while others did aerobics on the other side. Personally, I'm glad people are using the facility. Hopefully our family will be part of those who use it because last week we got a six-month pass. I know I need to start exercising on a regular basis. We went today for the first time after signing up.

No, I don't know many--if any--who make Friday the 13th Resolutions. We just might be the first.

No comments:

Post a Comment