Monday, October 2, 2017

Monday Morning...


Some days are just plain crappy. There are bad days, where you get a flat tire or you catch a cold. Then there are other days where you'd pray to have those problems. And when the country has a bad day, where the lives of thousands are literally destroyed, it's sometimes hard to find something to write about.

I usually don't mention current events in this blog. With social media and the internet, everyone can spew their opinions--and most do. Another viewpoint just gets lost in the haze. 

So, how do I approach a blog post after such a terrible day? Do I try to be funny? That seems disrespectful. Should I be contemplative and discuss the larger issues of right vs. wrong, good vs. evil? Even those opinions don't make sense when people act in a senseless manner.

I've been thinking about what to write and I decided to include a picture of my alarm clock almost 12 hours after it became the first thing I saw this morning. For many, 6:29am (or, 6:24am--the actual time I woke up...) is early enough. My problem this morning was that's almost one hour after I usually get up, almost one hour after my alarm usually goes off.

Funny thing about alarms--they work great if they're set beforehand. That's right--I totally forgot to set my alarm. There's been times when I have inadvertently turned off my alarm in the middle of the night, for one reason or another. This time, I just didn't remember to do it last night.

Sleeping in, even an hour, means I miss my bus and so I drive. That means, because I leave later, the traffic is worse both going in, and driving home. Add to the fact that the building's security system reset over the weekend and didn't let me in made this particular Monday morning not the best.

Then, after logging into my computer at work, I read about what happened only a few hours earlier in Las Vegas. Oh, if we could all have such bad Monday mornings as what happened to me. God bless those who grieve, those who mourn, those involved. God bless us all to learn, to forgive, to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment