Monday, December 4, 2017

A Little Decorating At Work...And What It Means


I didn't even realize it was December when I came to work this morning. You'd think the snowy roads would have given me a hint. Many of my co-workers welcomed the new month while at work last Friday. I did not, so it wasn't until a co-worker tossed me a Christmas stocking to hang in my cubicle that I realized it was time to decorate.


Just like Halloween, I know there are others in my building that will go all out. Downstairs they have a completely decorated Christmas tree and a fake fireplace with stockings hanging over wood logs covered with Christmas lights. There's no way I'm doing that. My small knick-knacks will have to do.


I almost forgot that last year, after the holidays, I packed up my items--including the wrapping paper--and put them in a drawer. It made it easy to put things up this year.


No, my little displays will not win any awards, but it will allow me to remember what's really important, that there's a season of the year that should bring out the best in us, a time when we do tings for others first, and the world becomes a better place.


If only we could keep doing it all year long. Maybe, after the time off, the food, the presents, the hanging out with friends and family, I didn't put things in a drawer for next year. I know I'd get some strange looks, but to keep that message going, it just might be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment