Saturday, December 9, 2017

Star Wars Space Punch...Yeah


After a long Saturday of laundry, grocery runs, and putting up outdoor Christmas lights, I needed something to drink. And I was enticed by the "impulse buy" display at the local Chevron. The product: Star Wars Space Punch.

Yeah, it's a thing.

And when you think Star Wars, you'd better think collectable, too. I guess they would like all Star Wars fans to collect all the different editions of their vitamin drink. I'm not a collector so I'll not be participating in collecting part.


I did, however, choose the Mellenium Falcon can. I thought it fitting because the Falcon, a ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs, surely added a lot of space punch in its many adventures.

So, serious question for all you collectors out there. Are you supposed to collect and keep unopened cans of this stuff, or drink it and keep the cans? I honestly don't know.

You may be wondering what the stuff tastes like. It's fruity, was my first impression. I read the ingredients before buying. Most of it looked pretty good. The only drawback was the 20 Calories note on the side of the can. 

Low-Cal.

Ugh.


And I was right. It tastes good, but there's a "missing real sugar sweetener" issue for me. Why didn't they load it up with 100% cane sugar from Hawaii? Even though real sugar isn't the best thing, it's much better than artificial stuff imo.

My conclusion: I won't be buying it again. It's not my thing. But if you like carbonated fruity Star Wars-themed diet drinks, I say go for it. And if you're collecting post-drank scifi-labeled aluminum cans, let me know. I'll keep it for you instead of just tossing it into the recycle bin.


No comments:

Post a Comment