Saturday, March 3, 2018

After All These Years...Somehow I Never Saw It


The credit union has been inside the grocery store ever since the store has been there. And that's been several years. The financial institution exists for one reason--convenience. The branch appears to be doing well. There seems to be people frequenting the place whenever I'm shopping. This is a good thing.

I haven't utilized the branch as much as others, as much as my wife for example. With on-line options and us becoming more of a cashless society, I just don't need to go in. But earlier this week I did need to do just that. I stood outside the doors until a window opened up and as I waited for the teller to finish up the previous transaction I looked just to the right of her and saw a sign.

I'd never seen that sign before.


Basically, it asked for those of us at the windows to please remove our hats, hoods, and sunglasses before coming in. Now, I can completely understand the need for such a sign. It makes total sense. But when I think about all the times I go to the branch, I've always worn a hat. I pretty much wear a hat 100% of the time, except when I go to church (and I don't believe the credit union is open on Sundays...).

I finished my deposit and went home. That's when I told my wife about the sign I had seen for the first time in my life. "Hey," I said. "I just saw a sign at the credit union about not wearing a hat or sunglasses inside the branch."

"Yeah," she said. "That's sign has been up ever since they opened."

"Are you sure?"

"Yup," she said.

This told me how unobservant I've been for years. I also thought about all the times I went inside and never took off my hat--every single time. Now, I'm wiser and I'm sure I'll see that sign every single time from now on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment