Wednesday, March 21, 2018

The Folks At FanX Salt Lake Comic Convention...Are Good People


My work is having a fundraiser. There's a good chance you have them where you work, too. This time, it's an auction. You know the drill--several employees bring something on which others can bid and the proceeds go to a good cause.

Tomorrow, we're having an Easter Basket auction. Today I built a couple of baskets for the event. And most of the stuff I put in my baskets came from the people at FanX Salt Lake Comic Convention.

They're good people.

Of course, I've known they were good people for years. Any organization that allows me to participate, to rub shoulders with amazing authors, actors, artists, vendors, and geeks from all walks of life is a quality organization. I asked my friend Blake about our fundraiser. He referred me to Kelsey and she hooked me up with some great swag.

In the picture, you can see the FanX bag, the posters, and the patches. What you can't see are the FanX water bottles and shirts, and how the entire posters look (they're very cool, by the way...). I went to the dollar store and bought some candy to sweeten the deal--I thought putting the Nerds in the front was a nice touch.

It seems we live in such a cynical world, a place where all we hear about is how bad people are, how much we all hate each other, and how everyone's selfish, only looking after their own interests. Then you ask for a favor and they respond. Perhaps to them, it wasn't a big deal, find some surplus posters, shirts, bags, and badges. But to me, and hopefully to those who spend good money for the baskets, it means something special. Thanks Kelsey, Blake, and everyone involved in their fantastic organization. You're good people.

No comments:

Post a Comment