Thursday, March 1, 2018

Things To See...And The Thoughts They Conjured


Yesterday I found myself at a professional building and because I had some wait time, I decided to take out my phone and look for things to photograph. Turns out, there's a lot to photograph, if you just look at things a little differently.


The first thing I saw was a plant. I don't know what kind, but it was beautiful. I thought it was fake, but you know what you do when you suspect a plant is fake--you touch it and if it feels plastically, it usually is. This particular plant felt a tad plastically, but it was real.

I wonder how plants feel about getting touched by curious humans to wonder if they're real. I suppose only the real plants think that way.


Next, I took a couple of pictures while waiting in the room. The first was a pattern I saw on a stool, the black base reflected upward on the chrome post. Very cool and so perfectly formed. Then I had to get a picture of a face I saw in two boxes, a box of Kleenex and a box of gloves. 


And the last picture I took on the way out. They great room had a player piano in it. The music was beautiful, but I thought as I listened to the music how player pianos put a lot of professional piano players out of work. And they've done so for over a hundred years.

Things to see. Things to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment